Thursday, January 7, 2010

How much TLC can one person watch?

So, here we are...my very first blog post as the "unemployed housewife". I was laid off from my job of almost four years just before Christmas...yay...Merry Christmas. I think it is a blessing in disguise though, because why on earth would I want to continue to work with people that would lay off a long term employee right before the holidays? I mean, that is just crappy. As Forest would say "that's all I have to say about that". I am not going to waste any more time discussing the negative because after all, there is nothing but positive in my future! (and Karma is a bitch people!)

Right so now we have to discuss the future...hmmm..what will the future bring? I have not a clue, but I can tell you one thing this "housewife" bit is getting old. At first, I found the idea intriguing, attractive really...the house will be immaculate, dinner on the table for the husband and kiddo, I will have extra time for hobbies and projects...but in truth, it sucks. I have come to realize June Cleaver I am not! I need contact people! Human contact! I'm looking forward to my trip to the bank and the dry cleaners today, so I can have a little face time with someone other than my two dogs and cats who by the way , are extremely annoyed that I am home all day, taking up valuable couch space that they could be utilizing when no one is home!

Indeed, I do need to get moving, I have steak defrosting in the sink and laundry to be folded and an Oprah coming on at 4! I'll check back in tomorrow, meanwhile pray that I am not tempted to watch anymore TLC, because I am starting to believe I may be pregnant from watching so many episodes of "Birth Day" and I'm seriously rethinking my wardrobe choices after watching "What Not to Wear"...over and over again!

Rainbows and Fruit Roll-ups to all!
The Unemployed Housewife

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle its Diane.Love your blog..Miss you =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diane! Miss you guys to! Thanks for checking out the blog :)Tell everyone I said "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete