Thursday, January 14, 2010

All dressed up and no place to go...


Just got home from the job fair downtown at the Coliseum. It really is a sad state of affairs out there. I passed out some resumes and talked to quite a few people, but there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of HR or accounting/admin available right at the moment. It did however feel pretty good to get all dressed up and spiffy looking. I even straightened my hair (no easy feat!) I wasn't ready to come home...I even called a few friends to see if they were available for lunch, but "oh that's right" everyone else has jobs! Silly me :)

The husband hurt his back on Tuesday while attempting to fix a leak underneath our kitchen sink (the plumber finally came and fixed it yesterday). Are all men complete babies when they are in pain? It's like I'm getting a flash-forward to when he's in his eighties...all hunched over, moaning, "get me my heating pad and ibuprofen...". Good Lord! He fell asleep with the heating pad on last night and I had to do some interesting maneuvers to get the thing turned off. The last thing we need is an electrical fire in bed! I know...I know...they are supposed to be safe and all, but I won't even leave the house unless the dryer is off and the toasters unplugged! Neurotic? Me? Nooooooooo. Anyway, I hope he is feeling better tonight.

So, here I sit among my animals in our fairly cluttered computer room pondering whether to have tuna or chicken salad for lunch...or maybe an omelet...hmmm. Actually, an omelet sounds pretty darn good...I think I have some chives, mushrooms, and swiss...oh yeah...an omelet it will be! Time to refuel the brain.

Enjoy the day!

The Unemployed Housewife

2 comments:

  1. gave up on job fairs after the first one we drove all the way to Tampa to go to and the only people who wanted me were a multi-level rip-off scheme disguised as a company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yeah, those are the worst! Flippin pyramid scams, arghhhh, they should totally come with a disclaimer!

    ReplyDelete